Cooking is an art that has been known ever since the evolution of mankind. The techniques made use for in this art differ from one place to another, and it depends mainly on the cultural traditions and environmental conditions. Every cook in spite of being well trained, at some point tends to make some common mistakes and this state is natural. The list of common mistakes that occurs while cooking a dish includes:
Common Mistakes One Needs to Avoid
- Cooking food is like performing a chemical reaction in a lab, and for that purpose, it is necessary that you be prepared with all the ingredients well in advance to avoid any confusion. Cooking done with haste would never provide good results and the end result would be either food getting burnt or tasteless.
- It would increase your work all the more, and even the place would look messy around if the work is not planned well. Hence, it is better to keep all the necessary cutlery and ingredients handy before cooking.
- It is also necessary to follow the measurements provided in the recipe you wish to prepare to attain a delicious delicacy.
- It is very essential that the oven is preheated before its use and at the right temperature. The Meat that is taken out of the refrigerator must be thawed, well in advance before using it in preparation of a dish.
- The pan or dish used for the purpose of cooking must not be overcrowded with the ingredients used for cooking food, as it would not get cooked properly.
- To enjoy tasty, healthy food it is necessary that you do not compromise with the quality of oil used for cooking purposes. Natural oils are best oils that can be used for this purpose, and that would make available to you the preferred aroma.
- While preparing rice it is necessary to maintain the ratio of water to rice and it must be 2:1 and not more than that. Water added in excess quantity would soften the rice and even reduce the nutrients present in it.
- The level of stirring a dish on its preparation varies from dish to dish. But care must be taken that it is neither flipped nor stirred continuously. The main reason for this being it would end up spoiling the food. The stirring spoon must be used slowly after adding the spices and the ingredients of the recipe in the pan.
- Before trying out any new recipe, it is very essential that it is read properly to make the procedure simple. The vegetables must also be washed well before making use of them for cooking purpose.
There are certain mistakes that are committed while cooking and that disrupt effective cooking. The best ways to avoid such problems occurring is to be careful and attentive while cooking. An effective soap liquid must be used to clean the utensils well to make it free from any bad odor. So, don’t hurry and prepare a tasty dish with the required ingredients, and with the right measurements to enjoy it better.