Cooking food with fire is as old as humanity, in which people make use of wood and coal during the ancient time to the present days of using electric appliances like electric stove, pressure cooker etc. electric stove seems to popular and it is among the kitchen appliances often used to cook foods at various homes. Electric offers some of the advantages over the other cooking appliances. It is pretty much easier to keep the heat quiet low with an electric stove. Electric stoves are more efficiency at transferring the heat across the apartment during the winter, as the transfer is done through conduction rather than radiation. Have you ever move to new apartment only to found that the cooker there is electric stove not gas type? This might be a bit difficult for someone provided they are not familiar with the uses of electric stove before. One of the difficulties often encounter with electric stove is shock. In the following section, we are going to look into the causes of shock on electric stove and possible remedy to it.
Why Does My Electric Stove Shocked Me?
Electric stove will shock you when there is a break at the circuits along the neutral line of the electric stove, and the grounding strap to the neutral from the appliance cord was not properly connected. Electric shock may also occur on the electric stove when the element is at fault. When this happens, it is advisable to keep the stove off and stop using it for the main time. Then, reach out to the expert electrician to fix the problem.
A good and working electric stove often put out the same amount of power or more than the gas cooker. When it is compare with other kitchen appliances like gas cooker, it is pretty much saver as there is nothing like gas leakage. Electric cooker has the ability to maintain low temperature. Water will boil faster with electric stove; heavy pan will heat up faster with electric stove. The energy efficiency of the electric stove makes it pretty much better than other appliances as it helps to save some cost.
Keeping the kitchen clean most of the time can be a tough task if the kitchen has being in used for a long time. Also, smokes and heat would have made the kitchen wall dirty as well as the cabinets. One of the easy to clean appliances during the general cleaning of the kitchen is electric stove, it comes in handy and it takes few minutes to do so.
How Does Electric Stove Works?
An electric stove come with thermostat, coil-shaped burner and heat generating elements. The burners on the stove got heat from the electric power which is from the heating element. Whenever the electric stove is switch on, electricity would flow pas through the route, which later cause the burner to heat up in order to cook foods.
How Many watts Does An Electric Stove Use?
About 4800 watts is the minimum electricity consume by the electric cooker, provide that all the burners are turned on. Most of the electric stoves do comes with three or four burners. The electric stove will consume less of electricity if it only one or two burners are in use during the cooking time.
What Would happen if Electric Stove is Unattended To?
Leaving electric stove switch on and unattended to, for a long period of time can happen due to negligence or on purpose. If this happens, let’s assume there are no kids in the house, it means it’s only some energy will be wasted and the house might be heated up a little bit than normal. Whichever of the cooking wear left on the stove would be badly affected. If the cookware on the electric stove is made of alloy, it will met away like cheese.
Electric And Gas Stove Safety Tips For You
Electric stoves and other cooking appliances form integral parts of dish preparation. Electric stove is one of the most used cooking appliances in the kitchen. We engage in the uses of electric stove on daily basis to cook either small or large dishes. It is good to be very cautious anytime you want to make use of electric stove in order to prevent unforeseen accidents. Electric stoves could be lethal if you are careless about it. There some tips you need to follow in order to keep your family save from any hazard that may occur from using the electric stove. The following are some of the safety precautions you need to observe while you are using the electric stove:
- It is important to have fire extinguisher in handy and at your disposal in the kitchen in case of any fire outbreak.
- If the children are going to make use of electric cooker, it should be done under the supervision of an adult
- Always make use of oven mitts and pot holder whenever you want to remove hot pot from the stove after the dishes are ready, as this will helps o prevent burnt.
- Remove the metals spoon after you have used it to stir food with it. Do not leave it in the pot on the fire otherwise; you will get your hands burnt.
- Avoid using flowing or loose clothes like dish towels around the hot burner as they easily catch fire it care is not taking.
- Always clean the underneath of the burner after use. This will prevent dropping food particles from causing unnecessary fire outbreak.
- Body safety is also important when you are using the electric stove. Try to tie back your long hair, remove the dropping jewelry before cooking, and roll up the sleeve of your clothes
- Always put on footwear that are non slip.
- It is advisable not to leave empty pot on the burner with the hope of filling it up soon.
- It is very vital that your electric stoves are safely installed and correctly done. Pot handles should always be inward anytime to prevent bumping, knock off or handling by the children.
How To Clean Electric Stove; easy Step By Step
Electric stove is one of the kitchen appliances that require regular cleaning for proper maintenance and hygiene. This also helps to maintain tidiness and attractive look of the electric stove. Things you will need to get the cleaning job done are warm soapy water, a sponge, soft clothes, paper towel, baking soda, and scrapper. Here are the step by step you need to follow in order to clean the stove effectively:
- Allow the electric stove to first cool off before you begin with anything.
- Dampen the soft clothes in warm soapy water, preferably the lint free ones and squeeze out the excess moisture from it.
- Wipe all the surface of the stovetop, the sides of the coil burners should be included too.
- It is important to ensure that the stove control knobs are turned off.
- Also, remove the coil burners, wipe the coil with dampen clothes; avoid submerging the coil into the water complete.
- Get another clean and soft towel, use it to dry the stovetop and make sure the stovetop is no longer wet or soapy to touch.
- Make use of the scrapper to get rid of tough food particles that stick to the burner and the grease build up.
- Prepare baking soda pasta to complete the final steps. Get yourself a half cup of water and about 4 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix the bake soda and water together to form pasta.
- Apply the baking soda onto the burnt on food particles or liquids on the coil burners. You can leave the pasta on the spot for about 20 minutes.
- Use a clean and soft clothe to wipe away the pasta from the coil. Allow all parts to dry off completely. Then, you can replace everything back to their places.