Are you searching for best saucepan for making fudge at home? Or are you looking for specialty saucepan or pot to buy as a gift for your daughter who is growing expertise in fudge making? Do you want to make sumptuous and fascinating fudge for your kids at home but you don’t know the right saucepan to make use of? If your answer is yes, then try to read this article to the end with full attention.
Fudge is a treat which is usually fabulous to tasting, yummy and very rich in content. Fudge is result from mixing of sugar, butter, milk and other flavor like chocolate, nuts, extract, maple etc. Fudges are very delicious and do not take much effort and resources to make, once you know the nitty gritty of the whole processes. Fudge is one of those treats most parents make for their kids during the leisure hours, as those kids love fudge always.
After engaging in different activities during the summer, before we know holiday season is already at hand. Fudge comes to the mind of most parents during the holiday session. Fudge is enjoyed by most members of the family and can also be offer to other people as gift. Different families tend to get fascinated to different fudge recipes. We all have one or two favorites like: candy fudge, cane fudge, white chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, snickers fudge, fantasy fudge, root fudge, orange cream fudge, key lime pie fudge, bear float fudge, almond joy fudge etc.
Most fudge can be tricky in the process of making, but it can get easier after some practices and know how exactly sugar react to different temperature. At times, fudge can come perfect with little effort and sometimes comes out frustrating and messy despite lots resources. There are so many things that may cause the fudge to come out messy, these include, incorrect temperature, under-cooked, too-cooked, cool before stirring, beating before cooking, using of wrong saucepan etc.
There some major features to look out for before going online to purchase best saucepan which can be used for making fudge. One of these features is material which the saucepan is made of with. It is preferable to go for saucepan made of stainless steel material with core Aluminum which is encapsulated at the bottom of the pan, as this helps to distribute heat round the pan, enhances even cooking and prevents hotspot. Another feature is the lid, it is good to go for saucepan with glassy lid which has high break resistance. The glassy lid aids proper monitoring of the crystallization of the sugar in fudge making and the content in general. It is also important to look out for the kind of handle on the saucepan. The handles have to be ergonomics, riverted, heat-resistance and must be comfortable to handling on the user’s hands.
So in this article, we are going to take a look at some of the best and highly rated saucepan which are suitable for fudge making, with the general information, pros and cons together with customers reviews for each of the saucepans in review on this list. Here we go:
1 Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan
Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan is one o the best and highly rated saucepans available in the market. This saucepan is well design and durable at look. It is designed to make the straining of liquid and fudge easy without the need for colander. The sauce comes with glass lid of high break resistance with stainless rim, which is a bit deep with two different set of straining holes. The design of the lid gives convenience on the users hand if there is a need to strain out water. The height and capacity of Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan makes a perfect for homemade strained infused almond milk and other varieties of fudge. The handles on Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan are of dual riverted for support strength on the users hand and to give a comfort grip. The interior of this saucepan is metal safe and easy to clean after use. The lid on Anolon 83661 Nonstick saucepan fit to the body very well and this makes it suitable for long simmering of the soups. It has pouring spouts on both sides of the saucepan to accommodate either left or right hand. It is built to withstand heat of about 400 degree Fahrenheit. It has a dimension of 14.5 by 8 by 8.4 inches and weighs about 3.3 pounds.
- It is heavyweight, this makes it hard to burn fudge ingredients on the bottom of the saucepan.
- It is design to take less stirring and its easy to clean up.
- It comes with two different size drain spout suitable for rice simmering and vegetable straining.
- It is capable of handling a quiet large food on a small diameter burner.
- It gets heat up quickly on inside and evenly distributes the heat.
- The silicon handles on the saucepan are comfort to touch and grim firmly.
- It is very versatile and sturdy.
- The handles get detached over time.
- The handle attracts some heat on long cooking.
- It is not dishwasher friendly.
There are over 209 customers who have bought Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan on Amazon and they left some reviews on there. This saucepan receives lots of 5-stars ratings from about 81% of the customers. 13% of the customers gave it ratings of 4-stars from some slight issues. About 3% of the entire customers gave it ratings of 3-stars. 2-stars ratings were given by 1% of the customers. While 2% of the remaining are less satisfied with the performance of the saucepan gave left ratings of 1-star. All these reviews contribute to the overall ratings of 4.2 out of 5 for Anolon 83661 Nonstick Covered Straining saucepan on Amazon ratings scale.
- Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan
Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan is one of top rated saucepan for candy making and fudge available in the market. When it comes with manufacturing cookwares, Cuisinart is one of the brands to reckon with. So Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan is one those quality cookware from the stable of Cuisinart. It is obvious that most of the cookware made of stainless steel usually heat up fast and Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan is not an exempt. This saucepan features pure aluminum which is encapsulated at the base of the saucepan, and this enhances quick heat up and evenly heat distribution on the fudge. It comes with egronomous handle, which gives a solid grip and comfort to touch on the user hand. The saucepan also comes with tempered glass lid which gives the user to see and monitor changing of sugar in fudge making. And, the glass lid and the entire saucepan are oven safe up 350 and 500 degree Fahrenheit respectively. This saucepan has tapered rims for frip-free pouring of the liquid content. This saucepan is 2.5 inches deep and it has diameter of 12 inches. It comes on a dimension of 15.8 by 8.8 by 5 inches and weighs about 3.45 pounds.
- It heats up pretty fast, distributes heat evenly and sits well on electric stove.
- It is very versatile to cook with, works well in oven, under broiler and on the stove.
- It is suitable for fudge making and good for cooking rice and making noodles.
- The content does not get sticky to the bottom of the saucepan.
- It is easy to clean up, its dishwasher safe.
- Colander is not need with this saucepan as the liquid can be strained through the lid.
- The glass lid enhances easy and proper monitor of the meals.
- It is not suitable for induction burner type.
- The handle tends to get hot on long term cooking.
- The lid does not have hole for steam escape.
There are over 1168 customers who have tried out Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan on Amazon.com and they all left some reviews. 5-star ratings were given by 67% of the entire customers. 145 of them gave it ratings of 4-stars. 3-stars ratings were given by just 6% of the customers. About 5% gave 2-stars ratings and 8% are less satisfied with performance of the product. Cuisinart 4193-20 Contour Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan has overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 on Amazon ratings scale.
3 Cook Standard 1.5 Quart Multi-ply Clad Stainless steel Saucepan
Cook Standard 1.5 Quart Multi-ply Clad Stainless steel Saucepan is one of the best saucepans for making fudge available in the market. Cook Standard Stainless steel Saucepan is not only good for candy making but also for frying, steaming, double boiling etc. Cook Standard 1.5 Quart Multi-ply Clad Stainless steel Saucepan is capable of working on induction burner, electric and gas stove, ceramic, halogen etc. it has oven tolerance up to 500 Fahrenheit, the exterior part of the pot is scratch resistance and brush treated. It has a toughness of stainless steel on the lid part and the combination of aluminum core enhances even distribution of heat on the saucepan. The stainless lid fits to the saucepan securely to prevent heat escaping and moisture trapping. The handle on this saucepan is also made of stainless steel and are comfort to holding. The diameter of the saucepan is measured at 6.5 inches. It is very versatile and it is great for fudge making and other treats. The diameter of the interior of the saucepan in measured at 7.1 inches and depth at 4.5 inches. It has a dimension of 14 by 7 by 4 inches and weighs about 3.15 pounds.
- It works on different sources of heats like electric stove, induction burner etc.
- The lid is sturdy and heat is evenly distributed which gives no chance for hotspot.
- The handle is egronomous, it is comfort to touch and does not heat up.
- It is dishwasher safe, clean very well with hand too.
- It is perfect for crystallizing sugar and fudge making.
- It is suitable choice for family of four members.
- Its also great for popcorn making for kids.
- It is a bit heavy for frail and Arthistic hands.
- The handle on the saucepan is too rounding.
- The lid is not versatile; it doesn’t work on other cookwares.
There are over 504 customers who bought Cook Standard 1.5 Quart Multi-ply Clad Stainless steel Saucepan from Amazon and they left different reviews on it. Majority of the reviewer left 5-star ratings for the saucepan in which they stood at 84%. It enjoys 4-stars ratings from about 11% of the customers. 3-stars ratings were given by 4% of the customers. Those that awarded 2-stars and 1-stars ratings are less than 2% of the entire customers. All this contribute to the exceptional overall ratings of 4.7 out of 5 Amazon rating scale for Cook Standard 1.5 Quart Multi-ply Clad Stainless steel Saucepan.
4 Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan With Cover 1 ½ quarts
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan With Cover 1 ½ quarts is one of the best and top rated saucepans money can buy at affordable price. It is the second Cuisinart saucepans that make up our list for best saucepan for fudge making. It also ranks number one best selling on Amazon for saucepan categories. It features stainless steel on it parts of the body and a well enclosed aluminum on the base which makes the saucepan to heat up fast and very even. The Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan With Cover is one of the induction ready saucepans you can find in the market. The saucepan also features useful and well detailed measurement markings which enhances a superb cooking experience. The saucepan is design in such a way that the cooking surface does not react with food and does not alter the flavor and taste of the meal. The lid on the saucepan fits tight to the rim and has a diameter of 7 inches. The handles are riveted with a solid stainless steel with a helper handle which gives extra support on the users hands when lifting the saucepan. It has a dimension of 13.3 by 7.2 by 4.7 inches and weighs about 1 pound.
- It is induction ready and looks attractive on any types of stoves.
- It is suitable for slow simmering, rolling boils and liquid reduction.
- It is perfect for making rice as it does not seethe on the bas part.
- The handle does not get hot while in use and food does not get into it.
- The cleaning is pretty much easier and dishwasher friendly.
- It has measurement marking on inside for awesome cooking experience.
- It is a good choice for fudge making.
- The lid is not tight, it extends beyond the pot a bit.
- The pan does not have a lip for easy pouring.
- The rivet of the handle is hard to clean.
There are 920 customers who have tried out Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan With Cover on Amazon.com and they left some reviews. This saucepan enjoys lots of 5-stars ratings from about 70% of the customers. 14% of the customers gave it ratings of 4-stars. About 4% of the entire customers are mild satisfied with the uses of saucepan and they gave it ratings of 3 stars. 6% of the customers gave it ratings of 2-stars. While the rest at 6% are less satisfied with the performance of the saucepan and gave it ratings of 1-star. All these result to overall ratings of 4.2 out of 5 Amzon ratings scale for Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Classic Stainless Saucepan With Cover.
5 Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan
Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan is one of the best and highly rated saucepan available in the market. This Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan features hard anodized aluminum design which promotes fast heat up and distributes the evenly across the pan. This saucepan is suitable for making fudge, reheating of the soup, yummy dessert sauce, stirring of aotmeals etc. The lid on Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan features a shattered resistance glass which is good for checking the fudge in making. The glass lid helps to prevents lose of heat and moisture while cooking. The handle on the saucepan is rubberized with attractive orange color and it is comfortable to handling. The handle is double-riverted which gives extra strength on the user hand when the saucepan is filled up. It is oven safe up to 350 degree Fahrenheit. It is also fabulous for making hot cereals, veggies sides, nice meals etc. The sleek design and the fitted shape make of the saucepan easy for pouring. It has a dimension of 14.2 by 8 by 7.8 inches and weighs about 2.4 pounds.
- The handles are silicon protected and they are heat resistance so oven mitt is not necessary with this saucepan.
- It is easy to clean up by hands and it is dishwasher safe.
- It is perfect for the family of two.
- It is suitable for cooking of broccoli rabe, asparagus, spaghetti etc.
- The glassy lid aids proper monitoring of the cooking process and it helps to prevent heat lose.
- The design of the body makes way for easy pouring of the liquid contents.
- It cooks food evenly and does not need oil for coating the saucepan.
- The lid does not fit properly to the rim and some get into the content of the saucepan.
- It gets scratch on inside with rubber utensils.
- It is too small family of larger size.
There are over 145 customers who have tried out Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan on Amazon.com and they left some reviews. The saucepan enjoys lots of 5-stars ratings from about 79% of the customers. 10% of the customers gave it ratings of 4-stars. About 6% people gave it ratings of 3-stars and 4% gave it ratings of 2-stars. The rest of the customers at 1% gave it ratings of 1-star as they are less satisfied with the performance of the saucepan. All these add to the overall ratings of 4.5 out of 5 on Amazon rating scale for Rachael ray Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 3-Quart Saucepan.