A quality and durable oven is one of the vital kitchen appliances someone needs to have in the kitchen. An oven is often use in various forms of cooking like broiling, roasting, baking, heating, braising, crisping, tendering as well as dehydrating. Oven comes in various types which include gas oven, double top oven, electric oven, convention oven etc. Among all the type, electric oven seems to be most users friendly as they are easy to use. It takes short amount of time to get food cook in electric oven especially the convention types. A simple design electric oven has two element, baking element which is at the top, and the broiling element which is at the bottom on the interior, a timer and a self-cleaning mechanism. But electric ovens are liable to develop some faults which include but not limited to inaccurate temperature control, power cut off, over heating etc. but the most confusing one to the new users is the clicking sound.
Why Does My Electric Oven Make Clicking Sound?
An electric oven makes clicking sound when the relay on the board looses power on both baking and broiling elements, then switch back on in order to maintain accurate temperature of the oven for perfect cooking. The clicking sounds might also be indicating that something had gone wrong with the relay provided the sound is getting out of hand continuously. If the sound becomes unbearable, it would be good to check around the main board on the electric oven or better still consult expert electric oven repairer near you for proper checking.
What Are The Differences Between Conventional And Convention Oven?
If you are blessed to have a conventional oven at home, you might tend to get confused if you heard that there is convention oven. If you ever wonder that what is the difference between conventional and convention oven, you are not alone, most people do not know the difference too. Though both of the conventional and convention oven often look alike but their functioning ability is what makes them different. The differences are as follow. Thus:
- Convention ovens feature exhausting system and fan in which both helps to distribute heat evenly round the food and remove the moisture. Conventional ovens do not come with either exhausting system or fan.
- Food are often cooked unevenly in conventional oven, you will need to rotate the dishes manually at regular interval to get it cooked evenly. But convention oven get the job done nicely without any external effort and makes the foods looks crispy.
- Convention oven heat up very fast and as a result, it consumes less energy in the process which makes it energy efficient. But conventional oven require frequent opening of the door for perfect cooking and this often leads to loss of heat and energy before the food get cooked evenly.
Which Oven Should I Buy For Baking?
The market is filled with lots of different brands of electric oven for baking, so searching through them all might be a difficult task and it may take much of your precious time. But in order to save you some stress, we have come up with the review list of top three electric ovens suitable for baking. These reviews will cover general information about each of the products with their unique features, their pros and cons as well as the customers reviews in order to guide to choose the best that suits you baking needs
1 Oster Extra large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel
Oster Extra large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel is one of the top rated and best convention ovens for baking that is available in the market. It is the Amazon choice for convention oven categories. Oster Extra large Digital Countertop Convention Oven offers a spacious room on the interior capable of hosting large baking and roasting pan, which makes it suitable for large family baking. It features a temperature range set between 200 to 450 degree, with different gauges suitable for baking, toasting, defrosting etc. it also comes a 90 minutes timer for appropriate cooking time and auto shut mechanism. It also features dual shelves in the chamber which makes baking faster and able to handle lots of cooking in short period of time. The product packing includes a baking pan, two oven racks and a fitted broiling rack. The interior chamber has a dimension of 14 inches wide, 8 ½ inches height and 12 inches depth. It has a power of 1300 watts, attracts voltage of 120 volts and 60 Hz. it is designed to consume less energy than the conventional type by 50 percent. It has a digital control which helps to eliminate the guesswork while baking and doing other cooking. It has a dimension of 24 by 21.7 by 16.7 inches on the exterior part and weighs about 26 pounds.
- Baking is pretty much simpler using this convention oven.
- It offers lots of space on the interior for extra cooking for large family of gathering.
- It is perfect for small space kitchen, dorm room, studio etc.
- It is suitable for senior citizen who makes their own foods.
- It is pretty easier to use and easy to clean.
- It offers more efficient ways of reheating food than conventional ovens.
- It comes with different temperature settings for baking, defrosting, toasting etc.
- The clock does not keep good timing for a long period.
- The exterior get hot over time.
- The dial time seems hard to read and the shelf racks are flimsy.
There are over 7200 customers who bought Oster Extra large Digital Countertop Convection Oven, Stainless Steel on Amazon and they left some reviews. The convention oven receives 5 stars ratings from about 59% of the entire customers. 4-stars ratings were given by 18% of the customers. About 9% of the customers gave it ratings of 3-stars. Also, 5% of the customers gave it ratings of 2-stars. While, about 9% of them are less satisfied with the product performance and they awarded 1-stars ratings. Oster Extra large Digital Countertop Convention Oven, Stainless Steel has overall ratings of 4.1 out of 5.0 on Amazon overall ratings scale.
2 Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800 Watts Convection Toaster Oven
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800 Watts Convection Toaster Oven, silver is one of the highly rated and best toaster ovens for baking that is available in the market. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is designed not only to distribute heat evenly and consistently throughout the interior parts but also to change the heat distribution that is appropriate for different foods. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven features Element IQ cooking technology which helps to enhance the heating element in the oven to cook food quickly and very even. It features nine different menu options which gives the user the chance to choose most suitable setting for the food to be prepared. The element IQ mechanism on the convention oven helps to prevent food burn or over crispy of the food as it adjusts power of the element at a turn of knob. This smart oven is constructed with reinforced stainless steel and the elements are made of quartz. The interior chamber of the oven is made of non-stick material capable of withstanding high temperature. The oven features a back lit easy to read LCD which compute correct time and temperature. It comes with auto shut off mechanism with sound alert. It has a power of 1800 Watts. It has a dimension of 1.58 by 16.2 by 11.2 inches, weighs about 22.5 pounds and comes with 1 year Limited warranty.
- It heat up fast and it does not heat up the whole kitchen.
- It comes with a “keep worm” mechanism, which makes it suitable for keeping food warm for large family.
- The temperature and the timer are pretty accurate.
- It toasts food very well and perfect for food reheating.
- It comes with nine menu option for perfect cooking.
- It is very durable and can withstand lots of usage.
- It is easy to use, easy to clean and it is energy efficient most cases.
- The knobs appear plastic and are bit fragile.
- The top parts get a bit hot after long use.
- The LED light stays on for longer after using the oven.
There are over 4,800 customers who bought Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800 Watts Convection Toaster Oven on Amazon and they left reviews. It enjoys lots of 5-stars from about 73% of the customers. About 11% of the customers gave it ratings of 4-stars. 5% of the customers gave it ratings of 3-stars. Also, 2-stars rating were given by 4% of the customers. While, 7% are less satisfied with the performance of the toaster oven and they left 1 stars ratings. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800 Watts Convention Toaster Oven has overall ratings of 4.3 out 5 on Amazon.com rating scale.
3 Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800W Convection Toaster Oven
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ is one of the top rated and best toaster oven available in the market. It is the Amazon’s choice for Breville toaster oven and the second Breville oven on this list. This toaster oven features ten cooking functions for different foods for sumptuous cooking. The Breville smart oven also features Element IQ mechanism which enhances appropriate heat distribution across the five quartz in the interior of the oven for outstanding cooking experience. It comes with easy to read LCD display for temperature reading and monitoring of the cooking time. Slow cook function is the feature that set Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro apart from any other toaster ovens in the market. The slow cook function allows the user to cook food for long time at low temperature and it can take up to 10 hours. It feature oven light on the interior whenever the door is opened so as to be able to see through the dishes. The product parking for this oven consists of enamel baking pan, enamel broiling rack, and non-stick pizza pan. It has a power of 1800 Watts and voltage of 110-120 volts. This toaster comes with auto shut off mechanism. It has a dimension of 15.8 by 18.5 by 11 inches and weighs about 22.8 pounds.
- The set up is pretty much easier and it is easy to get food cook fast.
- It features oven light on inside for easy probe and to save some energy.
- It comes with a slow cook function which is suitable for long time cooking.
- It features convention with reheat setting.
- It comes with an in-built time and auto shut off for perfect cooking.
- The LCD displays are easy to read for old eyes.
- It offers a fantastic uniform heating on the interior.
- It requires the uses of the inverter of 2,500 watts for maximum output.
- The top parts get very hot in less than 20 min of broiling.
- It makes slight noise during the cooking.
There are over 1,670 customers who bought Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800W Convention Toaster Oven on Amazon and they left different reviews. The convention oven enjoys lots of 5-stars ratings from about 79% of the customer. About 8% of the customers gave the oven ratings of 4-stars ratings. 3-stars ratings were given by 4% of the entire customers. About 3% gave it ratings of 2-stars. While, about 6% are less satisfied with the performance of the oven and they left 1-star ratings. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800W Convection Toaster Oven has overall ratings of 4.6 out 5 on Amazon ratings scale.